Getting Started with the ArvanCloud Cloud Security
The ArvanCloud cloud security products make your websites more secure against various cyber attacks and threats. This guide helps you start working with the ArvanCloud cloud security product.
Step One: Register on the Website
To make use of the ArvanCloud security products, you should first register on the website. Use the following guide to know how to register on the website:
- How to Register on the ArvanCloud Website
Step Two: DNS Settings
The next step is to register a domain. The following guide makes you familiar with how to set the ArvanCloud cloud DNS products:
- Getting Started with the ArvanCloud Cloud DNS
Step Three: CDN Settings
The prerequisite for using the ArvanCloud cloud security products is to activate the CDN product. The following guide instructs the correct way of setting the ArvanCloud Content Delivery Network (CDN) product:
- Getting Started with the ArvanCloud CDN
Hint: Notice that if the CDN is activated only for the primary domain (not the subdomains), the cloud security product settings will also follow it and works only for the primary domain. Therefore, if you intend to apply the settings to subdomains, you must make the Cloud icon turn green for the subdomains.
Step Four: Activating the Security Packages
To employ the ArvanCloud cloud security products, complete the following steps:
- Go to the ArvanCloud user panel dashboard,
- Click on the Cloud Security option,
- Having done the above step, you will see a page similar to the following figure,
The ArvanCloud cloud security product consists of four subproducts:
- Rate Limits
- DDoS Protection
You can activate any package that suits your business and complete the settings associated with the products.
- WAF Settings
The ArvanCloud WAF product is one of the security products that require your close attention to its settings and activating procedure.
Without making accurate WAF settings, the users' access to the website can disrupt.
Before activating the WAF on the ArvanCloud user panel, read the following guide, and make the settings accordingly.
- The WAF Settings on the ArvanCloud User Panel
Hint: After activating the WAF, complete the following steps:
- Go to the Content Delivery Network (CDN) product on the ArvanCloud user panel,
- Open the Page Rules Section,
- Click on the Edit option - it is connected to the specific rules that you have defined for your site,
- On the open window, find the Security Settings section and activate the WAF option.
- The Firewall Settings
You can employ the ArvanCloud firewall to define some rules to set limited access for some countries or individuals. The following guide helps you adjust the ArvanCloud firewall product:
- How to Activate the Firewall on the ArvanCloud Cloud Security Panel
- Setting Limits
The ArvanCloud Rate Limits product helps you put limits on requests. Use the following guide to learn how to set this product correctly:
- Checking the ArvanCloud Rate Limit and How to Set it
- DDoS Protection
The DDoS attacks try to flood large numbers of malicious traffic to a targeted server to take it out of order. These attacks can occur in three layers that the ArvanCloud DDoS protection product designs several levels to prevent such attacks. The following guide is an instruction for setting different sections of this product:
- How to Activate the DDoS Protection on the ArvanCloud Cloud Security Panel?
Hint: The home page of your website is the target of most DDoS attacks. Therefore, if you have activated the General Challenge in the DDoS settings, then complete the following steps:
- Go to the Content Delivery Network product,
- Open the Page Rules section,
- Click on the Edit Default Rule option,
- On the new page, select the Security Settings tab,
- Activate the DDoS Attacks,
If you have defined a rule to your website home page, activate the DDoS Attacks for that rule.
Hint: Notice that incorrect settings of each security product will disrupt your website traffic.